17 March 2006

“I want a blog!”

I sent an e-mail around to a handful of folks yesterday, letting them know that I'd been updating my blog. Among them were my daughters. Here's what my youngest said, in an e-mail reply titled "I want a blog!"


Daddy,

Could you show me how to get a blog? It seems like everyone in this house has one. What is a blog anyway? Is it kind of like a diary online that other people can read, because that's what it seems like; because you know how much I enjoy exploring cyberspace, don't you?
--
XOXO,
Spud :-)

I told her that would be fine, although we have to have a conversation about ground rules first.

I mentioned it to Kathleen this morning (she's just back from a trip to Boston) and she tells me that a lot of Spud's contemporaries (kids born in or near August '97—it's a long story, but Kathleen is on a listserv with a bunch of moms who all had babies then) have their own blogs already, so she can join an existing community and have some readers right from the start. Probably more than me!

No comments: